What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is simply the process of optimizing your site to rank higher in local search listings. Because many small businesses rely on acquiring business in their local area, local SEO is incredibly important.
Top Local SEO Tips
- Create Places Pages for Your Business – The first step in getting ranked locally is by setting up local pages with each of the major search engines. Click here to setup a page for Google, here for Yahoo and here for Bing. Since almost everyone looks online before using a local business, getting your business contact information updated with the major search engines is incredibly important.
- Optimize Your Local Pages – After creating your local pages, it is important to populate them with photos, business contact information and hours of operation. It is also important to properly categorize your business with the search engines. Moz Local recently indicated that the major search engines will simply not show your listing if it is not properly categorized.
- Accurate Citations for Your Business – One of the biggest mistakes that many businesses make is not checking to ensure that business contact information is consistent across all of the search engines. By ensuring that your contact information is the same across each site, search engines will rank your site higher. You can use Yext and Localeze to see exactly where your business is listed and use Google MapMaker to search to see if you have any duplicate business listings.
- Reviews for Your Business – Google looks extremely highly on business reviews. While it is important to not post fake reviews, you should encourage your existing customers to review your business and place a link on your home page to easily allow new customers to post a review.
- Optimize Website – It is important to include your business name, phone number and full mailing address prominently throughout your web site. It’s also important to insert local keyword phrases such as Detroit or Warren or Troy throughout your website if you are targeting specific neighborhoods in and around your area.
Contact Savior Image Web Design Today!
If you would like some help with your company’s local SEO strategy, give the professionals at Savior Image Web Design a call today. We can be reached by phone at (586) 524-8255 and feel free to check out our profiles on Facebook and Twitter to find out more about our business.