When most people think about driving traffic to their site, they are focused on how to rise in the rankings on Google through different types of advertising and SEO. While it is extremely important to be ranked highly on Google, there are other strategies which can help you drive traffic to your site as well. One of the best ways to market your site is through video marketing on YouTube because YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine ahead of Bing and Yahoo.
YouTube Is The 2nd Largest Search Engine
It may be hard to believe, but it bares repeating that YouTube is actually classified as the second largest search engine in the world. This means that it is larger than Yahoo, Bing and all of the other smaller search engines. So it is imperative to get your site and business listed on YouTube as soon as possible and as much as possible. There are a variety of reasons why you should be turning to YouTube to increase your marketing power.
- YouTube is owned by Google, which means that your video content will integrate perfectly into Google. A recent Search Engine Land article stated that you may get a bit of a search engine optimization bump by posting videos online, especially when it comes to Local SEO.
- Users search on YouTube over 3 billion times per month. Yes, that’s billion not million!
- YouTube is actually larger than Bing, Yahoo, Ask and AOL combined!
- Almost half of all Internet users are on YouTube. This means that you can connect with a huge amount of people just through YouTube.
- Over 6 billion hours of video are viewed each month which is a 50% increase in viewership from just a year ago.
- Mobile viewing accounts for 25% of YouTube’s views.
Tips For Ranking On YouTube
If YouTube is the second largest search engine, you are probably asking how can I rank on YouTube? To rank effectively you need to focus on 4 ranking factors which we’ve listed below:
- Views – As is the case with most things online, the more views that you have, the more credibility you gain online. This then translates into a higher ranking on YouTube and other search engines.
- Title – Just like with SEO, an optimized title using keywords that you are targeting is important to ranking well on YouTube.
- Ratings – YouTube uses a rating system of likes and dislikes. This metric also helps with rankings.
- Description – Your video description is also extremely important. Try to write a description which has a variety of the keywords terms and synonyms which you are targeting. This can help to drive more traffic to your videos and ultimately to your website.
Still Have Questions? Contact Savior Image Web Design Today
If you think you may need some help with your video marketing campaign, give the professionals at Savior Image Web Design a call today at (586) 524-8255. We can help you determine the best way to market yourself on YouTube as well as all of the major search engines online. You can also view our YouTube channel to learn more about what we can do for your business.