For growing businesses, local SEO is extremely important. Local SEO allows small companies to reach potential consumers within a local geographical area. One problem with local SEO is that negative factors can lead to a drop in SEO rankings if you are not careful. Keep the following tips in mind when trying to avoid negative factors when it comes to your local SEO campaign:
Negative Factors That Influence Local SEO
- Multiple Google Place Listings – Having multiple Google Places location pages for a single business can have an impact on your search rankings. This is a critical negative factor and you must consolidate multiple pages into one listing to boost your local rankings.
- Keyword Stuffing of Your Business Name – Avoid heavily stuffing your business name with local keywords on your Google Places listing. You may think this will benefit you, but Google is aware of this tactic and may penalize you for this #2 negative factor.
- Mismatched Name and Address Information Across Internet – If you have mismatched address information on various sites across the Internet, it is a negative factor. You should expect to be penalized by the large search engines. Do an audit of all of the sites that list your business name, phone number and address to ensure that all of the listings are consistent.
- Incorrect Business Location – Having incorrect address information is a major red flag when it comes to local SEO. Google and other search engines look at incorrect addresses as a potentially fraudulent enterprise.
- Wrong Business Category – When signing up for business listing sites, choosing a correct business category is crucially important. Ensure that you use a category that aligns with your actual business to avoid any negative factors or penalties.
- Not Listing Name, Address and Phone Number on Website – It is important to list your business name, physical address and phone number as text as opposed to within an image on your business web site. Avoiding this can definitely impact your search rankings.
Not Sure Where To Start When It Comes to Local SEO?
If you are still not exactly sure how your business can capitalize on local SEO, you may need to consult a professional Detroit SEO company. Savior Image Web Design has been providing a full suite of SEO services to solve negative factors for businesses in and around the Detroit area for years and would be glad to work with your company as well. Give our SEO professionals a call today at (586) 524-8255 to setup a free, no-obligation SEO audit today and quickly discover the negative factors that are hurting your business online.
Follow Savior Image Web Design On Social Media: